Our Building Consultancy team completed the design of a specialist teaching facility for the faculty of Art, Design and Social Sciences within Northumbria University’s City Campus East building in Newcastle.
The re-designed facility will be used as specialist lab & design space. The brief was to ensure it could house all the specialist equipment with the relevant fire resistant materials and furnishings to provide functional, yet aesthetically pleasing space which would be fit for purpose.
Our Building Consultancy team worked closely with the staff at Northumbria University to ensure the project met the department’s needs, specifying and tendering the works and liaising with sub consultants and mechanical and electrical engineers to ensure the project was delivered effectively.
Our role included:
- Designing the space to ensure that it could house all the specialist equipment required.
- The project was then specified, pulling together the university department needs, the technical details and specialists required to allow for M and E, Structural and furniture specifications.
- The project was tendered to six contractors and the university carried out a post tender analysis. We complied the tender list for these works and gained approval from the university.
- Once the university had allocated a contractor we took over the Project Management of the job.
- The role included acting as Contract Administrator, Principal Designer as required by the CDM regulations 2015 and Project Manager.
- The project was completed within a tight timeframe to allow the university students to be in full occupation by the start of term.
- The project was completed on time and under budget.
For further information about how our Building Consultancy team can help you with your project call us today on 0191 232 7030.